Panasonic – Engineering, PMO Manager-Smart Manufacturing
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Manage the PMO, engineering and training teams to provide the technical expertise to all groups within Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America - Process Automation (PSSNA-PA) and externally to customers. The engineering team is responsible for technical expertise internally & externally, supporting sales and marketing, six sigma and lean consulting, developing revenue new revenue opportunities.
Manage Engineering & Training Team
Develop an environment of continuous improvement with engineering & training team to provide all technical knowledge needed for PSSNA-PA :
- Work with global engineering and sales teams to develop and launch industry and business solutions, providing technical guidance as needed. Support all product and technical groups to meet company goals.
- Areas that product engineering supports are SMT mfg, Software, MEG, through hole technology, lean/6 sigma consulting and TSO product line.
- Along with applications support, the engineers provide startup support and operation efficiency support to customers and sales.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the industry and of methodologies.
- Improve methods of training PFSA customers through continued improvement of processes and personnel.
Achieve Budgets & New business development:
- Develop new products and services that can be sold to generate revenue for the engineering and training departments.
- Accountable for operational excellence of assigned program(s), with duties including project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution & closure for all project work related to the program.
- Track and maintain the budget selling engineering & training services and products.
- Provide year or year growth for engineering and training revenue.
- Increase training revenue through online training website.
Sales & Marketing focus:
- Prepare support for the launch of new products: including presentations, demos, marketing information, configuration tool specification, and custom applications.
- Provide leadership for trade shows and demos
- Provide TRM meetings with the customers and sales
- Advise factory in the development of equipment to meet industry wide needs, providing both strategic and tactical level support
Manage Project Management Team (PMO)
- Engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders; identifying project management approach; defining roles and responsibilities.
- Manage project planning activities with Project Owners, Project Managers, Customer Team and PSNA internal teams to define
- Project Goals and Objectives and team to support
- Key Project Deliverables
- Risks and Risk Mitigation Plan
- Project Milestone Plan
- Develop detailed Project Plan including resource requirements for internal, 3rd party partners and customer resources.
- Establish and insure compliance to project reporting and monitoring standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Lead Project Team to assign responsibilities, manage to budget, manage deadlines, manage and resolve conflict, escalate issues as appropriate and deliver project on time.
Communications and Reporting Management:
- Manage stakeholder communications processes and escalations for all PSSNA-PA projects.
- Drive communication and cultural change efforts to integrate program and project management elements into the broader PSSNA-PA culture.
- Monitor portfolio of projects to address performance issues and resolve conflicts.
- Provide summary reports to Executive Management.
- Educate PSSNA team and partners regarding PSSNA-PA Project Management processes to insure PSSNA-PA compliance to overall PSSNA PMO guideline
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.