About Yo Labs:
Technology has changed daily life in a way no one could have imagined. It’s made us more productive, capable and connected. But it has come at a cost. We’re productive, but overwhelmed. Capable but paralyzed by too many choices. Connected, but only if social media counts. Living this way creates a void in our daily lives. Yo Labs is here to change that. Our team is committed to alleviating the mental load that our modern world has created by putting human connection back into technology and caretaking at the heart of everything we create.
Our small team of device software engineers is based in Palo Alto and includes industry veterans (Nest, Google, Apple) who have shipped software for millions of IoT enabled devices. Each team member is passionate about building high quality, high performance and scalable software. You will work equally between design and development while being mentored by senior developers within the organization. Your day-to-day work at Yo Labs will provide experience with all aspects of embedded platform software (boot loaders, kernels, related device drivers), embedded security, IP networking protocols and rapid prototyping on a variety of hardware.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Design and implement embedded software for microcontroller systems running with Linux OS or multithreaded RTOS.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in complex systems.
- Own and carry a design task from concept to implementation.
- Document engineering requirements, document solutions, and test new firmware designs.
- Integrate communication protocols such as BLE, and WiFi.
- Work with cross functional teams to test and troubleshoot issues.
- Deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently enrolled or completed a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Solid CS fundamentals with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of C/C++ programming concepts, and operating systems concepts.
- Experience building production type software, leveraging basic OO design/development skills, and practicing solid documentation methods.
- Familiarity with open-source technologies (Linux, Bash).
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile methodology.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) eligibility
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Paid Time Off – Accrued Vacation & Sick
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events