- Engage in Analog and Digital Electronics design, simulation, and prototyping. This includes draw schematics, design PCB layouts, generate Gerber and NC Drill files, and documentation
- Program Micro-Controllers and Digital Signal Processors to provide accurate and timely execution of control algorithms and reliable communication with end user
- Help manufacturing engineers to prepare Work Instructions and facilitate releasing NPI and ECM projects to production
- Monitor production closely to report project manager of potential assembly and manufacturing issues; Such feedback helps revising the designs to best fit TeraDiode's manufacturing capabilities.
- Review design requirements for various safety classes and draft TeraDiode's design guideline for reliable and high-performance electronics
- Review Panasonic's electronics design rules and preferred vendors; Such effort is essential for compatibility with Panasonic's manufacturing capabilities to provide a seamless flow from design to manufacturing between TeraDiode and Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions division
- Interact with Omnify to upload documents, introduce new parts, release ECOs, etc.
- Engage in vendor qualification and price negotiation. Communication with vendors may be required to feedback manufacturing issues, devise solutions, and monitor process capability of the vendors.
- Student with a concentration in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 2+ years of schooling completed
- Prior engineering experience strongly preferred
- Required to communicate with both engineering and production team members
- Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Organized and hardworking engineering student looking to make an impact on a fast moving and highly technical product
- Ability to interpret and analyze test results
- Self-motivated and generally interested in lasers, physics or high precision engineering
- Effective, hard worker with a team player can-do approach
- Willing to do to perform manual labor
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee(s) for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.