Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Seeking a DevOps Manager who will manage a team of DevOps Engineers and Software Developers in the research, design, and build-out of automation and cloud-native delivery platform to enable our global development teams. Our product development teams are adopting CI/CD methods and this role requires cross-functional leadership to drive our on-going digital transformation.
- As a manager of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for leading a team of more than 10 DevOps and Automation engineers.
- Your team is building and supporting development, deployment, delivery, operations & monitoring capabilities in cloud-based solutions for our development and testing teams. The DevOps team enables our development teams across multiple business lines.
- As leader, you will be expected to have hands-on experience in DevOps and CI/CD automation practices that will help drive the implementation of our DevOps infrastructure, deployment automation, and monitoring to ensure systems are highly available, elastically scalable and fault tolerant.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and demand to plan projects.
- Participate in forecasting operating costs and manage department budget.
- Conduct regular one-on-one employee development meetings focusing on active performance management and seeking employee growth opportunities.
- Conduct personnel functions, including recruiting, review, selection and placement of personnel.
- Plan and establish engineering schedules and assess performance against estimates.
- May direct/perform software functions for troubleshooting, investigating issues and working with the Engineers directly to address roadblocks and provide timely solutions to our development teams.
What we're looking for:
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate staff in developing solutions to technical problems that require extensive investigation and clarification.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are needed to carry out team’s mission to lead change.
- Requires planning to ensure the timely completion of several, complex projects (budgets and resources).
- Ability to perform with only general guidance in the form of objectives established by senior management.
- Have collaborative management style, considering merits of ideas of the management team, of staff and of Panasonic corporate and regional stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience with Cloud-native tools such as AWS (e.g. ECS, ECR, EKS, CloudFormation, S3, Route53, Security Groups, Dynamo, Aurora, Secrets Manager), Terraform, Docker, Vault.
- Deep understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- 4-year Degree in Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience, preferably some supervisory experience in software development environment
- Cloud certified (AWS - CP, SAA etc)
- Agile experience (Scrum-master, CSPO etc)
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.