This position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule.
As the Design Engineer, you will help with the design, development, implementation, and analysis of projects related to NPI, Product Transfers, COD and Operation Support. You will develop engineering drawings, detailed drawings and assembly drawings and take the project from concept to production release using the PLM process and Engineering tools. You will report to the Lead Engineer.
- Create bill of materials to support the design & production, service and new product development
- Create refrigeration piping & electrical diagrams, power & control drawings, specifications and creation of 3D Models
- Define new and existing engineering design requirements and develop specifications following manufacturing, marketing, and customer expectations and requirements
- Identify and analyze design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources
- Create new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis
- Provide input and directions to cross functional departments to meet product specifications and expectations
- Give direction on solutions for known customer issues
- Create and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines. This includes reporting relevant information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline required
- 0-2 years of equivalent Engineering Experience
- Ability to draft on Solid Edge (Or similar 3D Software). The minimum requirements in drafting proficiency will include the ability to create from scratch and edit existing 3D dwgs
- Technical understanding of refrigeration system design, electrical and electronic component functionality
- Strong interpersonal, communication and interrogating skills to extract design intent from customers and translate to Hussmann language
- Creative thinking, high achiever and customer driven competencies
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer