You will be a liaison between controls and manufacturing. Responsible for the verification and support of release and implementation of electronic controls and subcomponents into Hussmann specialty case products. Work closely with controls engineering and design engineering towards new product implementation, design transfer, functional testing around controls and other electronic subcomponents.
- Work with product development, design engineering, manufacturing, quality and others to capture the product design changes for electronic product controls and other subcomponents.
- Develop/validate different factory functional performance tests, manufacturing test configurations and any specific test setup for controls into Hussmann specialty products.
- Review/verify system level design and assemblies including components such as: sensors, wiring harnesses, enclosures, and power supplies.
- Analyze / Review design of application specific electronics including 3rd party components for system compatibility and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and perform application functional validations, component testing, analysis, and any design modifications/improvements.
- Work with design engineering to coordinate and/or implement engineering change orders around controls and electronic components.
- Support the development of instructions, user manuals, technical notes, troubleshooting and testing documents for inclusion in product documentation.
- Support the creation of procedures and instructions to aid in the manufacturing process
- Leverage internal and external technical expertise to develop innovative ideas in supporting seamless delivery of Hussmann products and other new technology developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- 3 + years of hands-on experience with electronic controls implementation, validations and/or controls related applications.
- Hands on experience with using controls in refrigeration or HVAC or other related industry.
- Validating electronic equipment controls, subcomponents and circuitry.
- Experience with Bill of Material Structures and Engineering Change processes.
- Creating with mechanical & electrical drawing creation using solid edge or equivalent tool is a plus.
- Experience with electrical and electronic analysis methodologies, in using validation tool sets and associated instrumentation.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Innovative and problem-solving abilities.