Are you ready to realize your potential? Hussmann’s business is growing, and our services are in high demand. We offer real opportunities to advance your career. Competitive hourly rates based on experience. Join the Hussmann family!
Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
This position responds to the customers’ needs for service of equipment through maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores, and cold storage facilities. Assist Service Technicians perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible for performing prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible partnering with start-up of new refrigeration equipment.
- Understands work efficiencies direct relationship to company profitability.
- Knowledgeable and able to resolve warranty issues
- Assist Service Management team in providing material and labor estimates as necessary to bid service and repair jobs.
- Responsible for completing necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Working knowledge of energy management systems
- Ability to locate and repair leaks on refrigeration rack systems and single-compressor units
- Understand and adhere to work safety policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manages assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintains a clean vehicle, performs required maintenance on time.
- Additional duties as assigned by the management team
- 5+ years in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred; strong HVAC
- High school diploma/GED/vocational school
- Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems
- Understanding of single-unit and parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, detail-orientated and motivated
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated
- Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement (industry related)
- Streamlined hiring
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer