THIS IS A FULL TIME, ON-THE-ROAD POSITION, 3 WEEKS ON, 1 WEEK HOME. OPEN TO WELL-QUALIFIED CANDIDATES IN ANY LOCATION WITH PIPEFITTING EXPERIENCE FOR REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS.
Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service establishments.
The Commercial Refrigeration Installation Technician is responsible for the installation, test and balance energy management systems of refrigeration systems to include; electrical/wiring, plumbing commonly installed in supermarket, convenient stores and cold storage distribution format.
- Responsible for pipefitting and the installation of supermarket / convenience store / refrigerated warehouse refrigeration equipment, welding and soldering copper for piping.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of trade-related experience to include installing refrigeration piping, brazing, setting display cases, condensing units, compressor racks and rooftop condensers.
- Ideal applicants would have a working knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems, able to read and interpret refrigeration legends, construction drawings and equipment manuals.
- Follow company protocols to safely pressure test and evacuate refrigeration piping and refrigeration systems.
- Strictly follow company safety policies, procedures and cultures to promote a safe working environment.
- Ensures that quality standards maintained for assigned projects.
- Recent HVAC/R graduates of technical high schools or colleges considered.
- Pipefitting, knowledge in brazing and soldering, ability to read blue prints
- Mechanical aptitude
- High School diploma or GED required
- EPA 608 Certification preferred
- HVAC/R with minimum 1-year commercial experience
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Tuition reimbursement – industry related
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer