Press brake operators look at blueprints or plans for the finished product, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
- Responsible for safe operation, interpreting programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, and inspection of parts
- Must be able to work from drawings and programs, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on tables or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently.
- Press brake experience and knowledge preferred
- Programming experience preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Safe material handling practices
- Ability to use tape measure and protractor
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, use appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed.
The hourly range of $19.80-23.80 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, location and union designation. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career. Benefits vary by union but include Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, and Employee Assistance Program.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.